Major events have the power to bring people together but they can also do much more than unite a region. They can lift our communities up-economically, socially and environmentally. LASEC identifies and attracts major events that would bring a significant number of domestic and international overnight visitors to Los Angeles. Once an event has officially committed to Los Angeles as the host destination, LASEC works creatively to generate awareness and promote the event so it is successful in Los Angeles and wants to return to our city in the future.
Over the next ten years, Los Angeles will host the most sought-after events in the world. From the Super Bowl and the College Football Playoff to the FIFA World Cup and the Summer Olympic & Paralympic Games, Los Angeles has the opportunity to be firmly cemented as the sports and entertainment capital of the world.
Some of the major events that LASEC is currently working to help market and promote include:
- NCAA Men’s West Regional Basketball (March 26 & 28, 2020)
- MLB All-Star (July 2020)
- Super Bowl LVI (February 2022)
- College Football Playoff National Championship Game (January 9, 2023)
- U.S. Open (June 2023)
- College Football Playoff Semifinal (January 1, 2024)
- FIFA World Cup™ Candidate Host City (Summer 2026)
- Summer Olympic & Paralympic Games (Summer 2028)
LASEC also hosts annual events aimed at bringing its board members and community supporters together with other industry leaders. These events include:
- Lakers All-Access
- LASEC Golf Classic at The Riviera Country Club
- Dodgers All-Access
- NFL All-Access